22 Nov Registrations of Interest Requested for Membership to the NZDSN Māori Cultural Advisory Committee
NZDSN and the Chair of the Māori Cultural Advisory Committee invites you to register interest by nominating one of your staff for a position on the committee. The purpose of the Committee is to:
Provide advice to the NZDSN Board on te reo and tikanga Māori:
- Support NZDSN with tikanga Māori practices and te reo Māori translations
- Provide comment and recommendations on matters of NZDSN policy and practice to improve cultural responsiveness to Māori
- Support and strengthen engagement between NZDSN members and mana whenua in their respective regions
- Build the knowledge of the cultural needs of Māori staff and clients within the NZDSN membership and provide support to NZDSN members to meet identified needs.
Members will need to:
- be conversant with the tikanga of their Iwi
- have a working knowledge of te reo Māori
- work well in a team
- demonstrate leadership
- be proactive and committed
- be nominated by the CEO, or Board Chairperson, of their disability support organisation.
- bring a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the constitution of NZDSN.
Nominations are invited by way of completing the attached application form to be emailed to admin@NZDSN.org.nz, accompanied by a brief biography and their CV no later than 4pm on Friday 30 November 2018. Once all nominations are received, a shortlisting process will take place and following an interview with the shortlisted nominees, the NZDSN Board will appoint and announce the successful candidates.
If you have any questions you can direct these to the Chair of the Advisory Committee, Tania Thomas, by email, Tania.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning Tania Thomas on 0272912084 or 09 2766282.
Naku noa, na
NZDSN Maori Cultural Advisory Committee