22 Mar NZDSN Annual Awards 2018 – Nominations NOW OPEN!
NZDSN Annual Awards Nominations
Nominations are now being sought for the 2018 NZDSN Annual Awards – which recognise excellence within the disability sector.
We now ask for your nominations. The nomination process will take no more than 2 minutes of your time.
Nomination guidelines are as follows:
- Nominations will run from 9-31 March 2018
- A separate form for each nominee is required to be completed
- Winners will be announced at the NZDSN Annual Conference 2018 Awards Function
- Only NZDSN Members or employees of members are eligible to be nominated
- NZDSN Board Members and the Executive are eligible to be nominated for these awards.
- All award processes are handled, with confidentiality, by the Conference Event Manager.
- The NZDSN CE is consulted if there is a tie-breaker situation.
- An independent panel has been appointed to determine the winners in each category.
- The decision of the NZDSN Executive is final and no correspondence shall be entered into
- All queries should be referred, in writing, to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are five awards categories as follows – further information on each award can be found under each category – you are able to nominate as many people as you like in as many categories as you like:
NZDSN Long Service within the Disability Sector – sponsored by Pai Ake Toru
This award is to acknowledge and recognise a NZDSN member who has been involved with the disability sector for a period longer than 20 years. Within that time they have shown a commitment to the sector and a discipline to continue striving for a quality and inclusive life for those people they support
NZDSN Most Innovative Technology or Research in 2017/18 – sponsored by Webcare
This award is for an individual or representative of a team that has:
Translated an idea or invention into a technology product that has improved service design, delivery or outcomes;
Conducted and published research that has been recognised as contributing to innovation, quality and improved outcomes.
NZDSN Leadership Award – sponsored by the DAA Group
This award is to acknowledge and recognise leadership within the disability sector by a person who may have shown initiative to change organisational culture and ways of operating to be more responsive and person centred/directed. Demonstration of collaboration and partnership are also a feature.
NZDSN Community Choice – Sponsored by Te Pou o te Whakaaro Nui
This award recognises those NZDSN members who have initiated, assisted or managed a project, programme or an event that has contributed significantly to developing inclusive communities.
NZDSN Excellence in Supported Employment Practice – sponsored by Careerforce
This award is to acknowledge and recognise a NZDSN member who has been involved in the development and delivery of high quality supported employment services. The nomination will evidence Supported Employment practice that reflects foundation principles and creates great employment outcomes for disabled people.
Please click here to make your nomination before 31 March 2018