05 Aug Leadership Exchange Programme – Expressions of Interest – Applications for Host Organisations now Open
Leadership Exchange Programme – Expressions of Interest
Applications for Host Organisations now Open
Reminder: Closing date for registrations of Interest: Friday August 9th 2019
NZDSN supports and facilitates an ongoing New Zealand based Leadership Exchange Programme to ensure the spread of information about new innovations. The concept is based on the exchange programme facilitated by the International Initiative for Disability Leadership (IIDL)
We are particularly interested in using exchanges to provide support and mentoring opportunities for emerging leaders, including disabled people and family members.
The Leadership exchange programme is an opportunity to:
- Bring innovation and its leadership to the attention of others with similar interests across New Zealand
- Give organisations an opportunity to become comfortable with the hosting role
- Provide ongoing opportunity for agency partnerships, leadership mentoring and collaborations to develop
- Bring current and aspiring leaders together in a facilitated learning environment – with a focus on younger leaders and leadership development of and for disabled people and family members
- Ensure the rapid transfer of innovation across New Zealand
- Use NZDSN conferences and other events as opportunities for host agencies to contribute to further knowledge transfer to an even wider audience
There are approximately 4 exchange opportunities each year, organised around specific themes or topic areas. There is a maximum of 16 registrations for each exchange. Each exchange event involves just a single host agency and runs for 2 days.
The current theme is a focus on how organisations are making changes that bring about services and supports that are authentically person directed and person centred. This theme explores how the Enabling Good Lives principles are being implemented and how choice and control is shifting in relation to key decisions about what, who and how supports/services are provided.
Each exchange will also emphasise and link to the “enhance” and “leader” performance dimensions of the Let’s Get Real Framework promulgated by Te Pou o Te Whakaaro Nui.
NZDSN is now inviting Expressions of Interest from organisations that would like to act as host agencies. We are keen to promote an environment in which current leaders are supporting from behind, rather than leading from the front, and we are keen to see this at work in the exchange programme.
Criteria that needs to be met for consideration as an Exchange host:
- The extent to which your organisation is actively involved in activities and/or initiatives that provides a best practice example of the exchange themes
- A description of the innovations that your organisation is involved in and how leadership is playing a role in initiating and sustaining innovation
- An overview of what a two day programme with your organisation might look like and what visitors can expect, including learning outcomes
- How you will involve disabled people and family members directly impacted by the innovation, in the exchange programme
- How you will support emerging leaders (particularly disabled people and family members) to participate and contribute to the exchange programme
- How your exchange programme will provide for the development of mentoring opportunities for new and aspiring leaders
- How your exchange programme will provide for the development of ongoing collaborations and partnerships between organisations
NZDSN wants to make being a host organisation and a visitor to an exchange, to be as accessible as possible. It is imperative that there are no barriers to the participation of disabled people and family members. For this reason, there are no registration fees.
Host agencies and visitors receive information packs in advance to guide them through the exchange process.
A report from the host agency of the March 2019 Leadership Exchange can be accessed here.
Financial Support available from NZDSN
A hosting stipend of $1000 for host organisations to assist with specific costs. For example: catering, transportation, preparation, compiling an exchange report.
Travel / accommodation contribution for disabled people and family members. People should contact the NZDSN office to discuss specific assistance required.
NZDSN will provide infrastructure for managing host applications, participant registration and ongoing coordination.
If your organisation would like to participate as a host in the exchange programme, please register your interest by outlining how your proposed exchange meets the criteria listed above and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the NZDSN office if you have any questions about this initiative.
Closing date for registrations of Interest: Friday August 9th 2019
Leadership Exchange Application PDF Document
Leadership Exchange Application Word Document