28 Jul NZDSN Sector Briefing – 2015
‘Investing for Innovation and Quality’
A Sector Briefing from the New Zealand Disability Support Network
There are a range of issues and concerns that are currently making it difficult for providers to achieve the outcomes that everyone in the sector, including disabled people, are seeking.
There is broad consensus that disability support services should provide:
- Quality services that can respond to evolving best practice in a timely way
- A capable and professional workforce
- Person directed supports and services that achieve the ordinary life outcomes sought by disabled people and their families/whanau
- Services that provide good value for money in terms of government funding and policy goals
- Services that should be informed and driven by the goals and intent set out in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, The New Zealand Disability Action Plan and the New Zealand Disability Strategy
It is our hope that this sector briefing will highlight the disability sector’s most pressing concerns, promote sector wide dialogue and lead us towards solutions that improve the lives of the people we seek to support.