The purpose of the Māori Cultural Board Advisory Sub-Committee is to:
- Provide advice to the NZDSN Board on te reo and tikanga Māori
- Support NZDSN with tikanga Māori practices and te reo Māori translations
- Provide comment and recommendations on matters of NZDSN policy and practice to improve cultural responsiveness to Māori
- Support and strengthen engagement between NZDSN members and mana whenua in their respective regions
- Build the knowledge of the needs of Māori staff and clients within the NZDSN membership and how these needs can best be met
The group is an advisory committee that can make recommendations to NZDSN, but does not have decision making authority.