06 Nov Community Participation Workshop Series
Facilitating Inclusion and Building Community – Person by Person
A facilitated approach to building inclusive community is at the centre of Enabling Good Lives. This workshop series will assist participants to engage with approaches and practices that move us from a focus on “services” to mainstream community and that support personalised participation in everyday things in everyday places
These two day workshops will be presented by the team at Interactionz and will introduce a Community Mentoring Framework. The workshop will focus on three key areas:
Self-Awareness: reflective and reflexive skills – aligning values, beliefs and behaviour
Self Determination: shifting authority to the individual, enabling and supporting self- direction
Community Strengthening: discovering strengths and developing contribution; building community
- This workshop is being offered in Napier and will run from 9.30 – 3.30pm each day
- Funding support from MSD is enabling us to offer these workshops at a subsidised rate of $225 + GST per person.
- Workshops are limited to 30 participants so be in quick!
- These workshops are returning as two day events based on feedback from last year’s very popular series.
- Content will include a focus on people with very high support needs
Napier: Thursday/Friday November 21 and 22
Venue: East Pier Hotel, 50 Nelson Quay, Ahuriri Napier