31 Jul Community Participation Workshop Series
Facilitating Inclusion and Building Community – Person by Person
A facilitated approach to building inclusive community is at the centre of Enabling Good Lives. This workshop series will assist participants to engage with approaches and practices that move us from a focus on “services” to mainstream community and that support personalised participation in everyday things in everyday places
These two day workshops will be presented by the team at Interactionz and will introduce a Community Mentoring Framework. The workshop will focus on three key areas:
Self-Awareness: reflective and reflexive skills – aligning values, beliefs and behaviour
Self Determination: shifting authority to the individual, enabling and supporting self- direction
Community Strengthening: discovering strengths and developing contribution; building community
- Workshops will be offered in Auckland, Rotorua, Palmerston North, Christchurch and Dunedin and will run from 9.30 – 3.30pm each day
- Funding support from MSD is enabling us to offer these workshops at a subsidised rate of $225 + GST per person.
- Workshops are limited to 30 participants so be in quick!
- These workshops are returning as two day events based on feedback from last year’s very popular series.
- Content will include a focus on people with very high support needs
Workshop Dates and Venues:
Palmerston North Tuesday/Wednesday October 22 and 23
Venue: Distinction Coachman Hotel, 140 Fitzherbert Ave, Palmerston North
Dunedin Monday/Tuesday 4th & 5th November
Venue: Distinction Dunedin Hotel, 6 Liverpool Street, Dunedin
Christchurch Thursday/Friday 7th & 8th November
Venue: 550 Memorial Avenue, Christchurch Airport, Christchurch
Rotorua Monday/Tuesday 11th 12th November
Venue: Novotel Rotorua Tutanekai St, Rotorua
Auckland Monday/Tuesday 18th 19th November
Venue: 18 Airpark Drive, Mangere, Auckland